Wow, it's been a while since I posted anything here! (I have been doing stuff! I've got 2 more un-blogged garments besides this one, which I will post soonish. Mostly I've been doing surface design stuff for school though.)
my line in the school fashion show, but due to time constraints, they weren't anywhere near accurate. This is my first pair of proper breeches.
My pattern is based off of a couple of 1770's-60's pairs from The Cut Of Men's Clothes.
(Pink is also a perfectly accurate colour for breeches.)
|Sewing the plackets for the fall front.|
|There are rectangular holes to allow the pockets to sit behind the canvas.|
|Lacing eyelets being added to the centre back to make the waistband adjustable.|
|You can see where I had to piece the top of the back pieces.|
My silk yardage was very narrow.
Last time I made covered buttons I only wrapped fabric around them and stitched the scrunched fabric edges down, but I've since learned that anchoring the button itself by a thread is a good idea. I probably put far too many threads on, but they're sturdy.
|I love my new shoes!!|
They are the first pair of fancy expensive shoes I've had in my life!
I do wish I had gotten better pictures of them. I've got a lot of posts with inadequate pictures, so perhaps I ought to try getting someone to nicely photograph things sometime.
Next post will be my Halloween costume!