Pages

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

American Duchess "Gibson" Edwardian shoes

Let it be known that they exist!
And that they are on pre-order from February 15th to March 8th, 2013. Here's a link to the shoe store.
This is what they look like, they come in 3 different colours.(source)
They are closely based on an extant pair, and are suitable for 1900-1920. She needs to get about 50 orders of each colour in order to run the style, or else the least popular colour will have to be dropped.
By spreading this information around you can enter your name for a chance to win a pair of these shoes (which is why I'm posting this), so spread the information around.

I would order a pair if I could(actually, I would probably buy a pair of Pompadours, Edwardian isn't really my era), but I'm a teenager with no job, so I can't afford it.

6 comments:

  1. They are a nice pair of shoes and I think the black would be more popular. I wonder if you could find a similar pair in shoe stores in Fredericton where you could try a pair on to see how the fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, this kind of shoe is something you would never find in Fredericton. Very few people sell historical shoes. However, she does have a great tutorial on how to measure your feet and find your exact shoe size, I followed the instructions and found that I am size 11.5.

      Delete
  2. Well, $105 isn't that much for a pair of shoes, if that is, indeed, what she's charging. I paid $95 for my Hart Brogues back in 1995 (when you were a baby) and they were factory seconds. In fact, if they are hand made and of good quality, the price is actually quite good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes $105 is what she's charging, but it's the reduced price for the pre-order. When she first runs a new style she always gives a discount to people who order before a certain date. She does this because she has to meet a minimum order requirement or the shoes won't get made.

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain about being a teenager who cannot afford any of the lovely historical shoes... At least you can enter the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is difficult to support a costuming habit with only Christmas and birthday money.
      I was rather surprised when I read the fine print, I don't see the point of an age restriction, unless it's to make sure the participants feet have stopped growing.

      Delete